Your paper should address a specific question/issue, which is relevant to the class. The
inspiration for the paper can be your workplace, a current event, a family situation, etc.
Please choose a specific discussion question. For example, if you want to write a paper about
insurance pricing, ask yourself what area in insurance pricing you would like to talk about. Then
narrow it down to a very specific area, such as, “what are the factors influencing the premium of
,say, auto insurance, and how? And further discuss, say, how can you reduce your insurance
premium accordingly? ”, or e.g., “The using of credit record in underwriting and rating.” You
can discuss, for example, how it is used, is it socially fair and economically fair? What are
reasons for adopting or banning it in insurance pricing? (Actually, most states allow using credit
record except several).
The criteria for a good paper include:
1. A suitable title for your paper and a clearly stated specific discussion question/topic
2. you need to:
a. Identify a risk management and insurance related issue for selecting the appropriate
term paper topic. (About 4 weeks before the due date.)
b. Collect, analyze, evaluate the information to prepare materials for term paper. (About
3 weeks before the due date.)
c. Organize thoughts, summarize the information, argue/judge/defend the issue or your
assertions to complete the term paper. (About 1 weeks before the due date.)
d. Revise and proofread your final version and submit (before/on the due date)
3. Not a summary of the course lecture or textbook.
4. Not just a general introduction of a common type of insurance that is introduced in class.
5. Logical discussion:
• There is no wrong or right answer for many issues in risk management and insurance.
As long as your discussion supports your opinion, it is a good paper. I do not just
expect to see the right answers (if any); instead the focus will be on your reasoning.
6. Concise and clear conclusion
7. Include references (do not forget this!!) Please refer to “Citation explanation” for further
8. Copy paste with a little bit of editing will result in a grade of F.
9. Don’t be late.
Examples of topics
(The followings are just some examples. You don’t need to pick from the following topics!!
IT’S AN OPEN TOPIC PAPER.)
1. Liability with School District Employees During COVID-19
2. The Pandemic Effect on Insurance
3. Risk Management and Insurance at the YMCA
4. Risks of Reopening the Economy
5. How COVID-19 is Affecting the Insurance Industry
6. Pandemic vs. Wall Street
7. Do the challenges of insurability of Cyber risk overshadow the benefits of Cyber insurance?
8. Autonomous Vehicle’s Place in the Insurance Industry
9. Technology Helps to Make Roads Safer
10. Should Service Dogs be Covered by (Health) Insurance?
11. Risk and Liability in Major League Baseball
12. Managing Risk in Real Estate Investment.
13. Why the Affordable Care Act was a Good Idea and Why it Didn’t Work
14. Credit Scores and Insurance Rates
15. Use genetics in insurance pricing
16. Aviation insurance
17. Auto insurance fraud
18. Credit default swaps
19. Are women or men safer drivers
20. DNA Testing and Insurance: is it an ethical insurance premium pricing tactic?
21. Wal-Mart being sued for liability
22. How much coverage is enough
23. Discrimination in automobile insurance rating systems
24. Auto insurance-purchase and claims
25. Major exclusions to homeowners insurance
26. Should insurance companies be able to charge by the mile and the way you drive by putting a device on your car?
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:easydue