Requirement of this Assignment
• Assigned groups are required to prepare a preliminary Project Implementation
Plan for a Project within an existing company. The proposal in this instance should
include a justification for the project as well as how it would be rolled out.
Sometimes in business environments these documents may be split, but in this case
they can be combined together; as a joint proposal and implementation plan.
• The proposed Project could be based on a new facility to expand the business, an
update to existing assets, a new business idea or combination of all or any of these.
• The Project may belong to any existing organisation. Company information can be
obtained from the library’s website
• A good starting point is to click on “Data analysis” under the “Company Profiles”
• If you are not familiar with a specific opportunity within a company you could tackle
this as putting up a proposal on the basis of identifying a need.
Preliminary Project Implementation Plan
A Project proposal takes into account resource issues and competitive activity, but does
so in broad terms rather than in specific detail. Your report should cover the wider
range of issues introduced in the Project Management classes, including the financial
considerations that clearly demonstrate the costings and value of the Project to the
organisation. If your organisation is a not-for-profit, you will still need to establish
relevant costings, for example how your Project proposal reduces costs or otherwise
meets organisational objectives.
Your Plan should answer the questions:
• What Project are you planning to introduce?
• Why does the organisation need this Project (what problem or opportunity will it
• What are the challenges in implementing this Project?
• The company you have selected is already an established business entity;
• It must not already be “in-progress” in the company;
• It must require substantial development and not just marketing. For example, if
you simply want to bring in a product from overseas and market it, that does not
qualify. Nor does bringing together a bunch of stuff in a relatively trivial way and
calling it a Project; for example, a new service based entirely on subcontracting
existing services. It needs to be substantive. If in doubt ask your Tutor;
• Your project needs to demonstrate reasonable complexity and sophistication. It is
anticipated the development would involve multiple people, a significant period of
time, and require a budget anywhere between $50,000 and $300,000.
• Preliminary Project Implementation Plan = max. 3,500 words.
• Appendices are not counted in the word count, but students need to be
sensible in not having excessive appendices.
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:easydue