Writing a business report analysing an issue or problem and providing a recommendation/solution or conclusion demonstrates communication skills as well as critical, analytical and integrative thinking. Being able to communicate clearly in writing and reflect on what you have learned is a skill that is valuable for employers and your future.
A current trend is the transformation of the Digital Workplace:
The aim of this assessment task is to write a business report that investigates and analyses the issues relating to Digital Workplace by reading and analysing relevant scholarly articles, using contemporary examples, and providing a personal reflection.
- Read the article: The digital workplace and its dark side: An integrative review: Marsha / Vallejos / Spence (available in pdf on ilearn)
- You should do supplement research for additional articles (must be scholarly) that will inform the following questions:
- Explain the phenomenon of digital workplace from a business perspective including the impact on employees.
- The article refers the Dark Side of the Digital Workplace, explain how this is the case in relation to COVID19 and beyond.
- How does technostress impact the Digital Workplace, consider how COVID19 has heightened technostress?
- Some might also argue that the line between work, rest and play have been blurred. Reflect on what the Digital Workplace means for you personally for the workplace / home. Some resources can be found here on reflective writing:
- Write a report that addresses the areas outlined above. The report should not exceed 2,500 words. This excludes the reference list, title page, table of contents and appendices – if applicable. The report should be in 12-point Font, single spaced in word processing software such as Microsoft Word. The report should have appropriate headings and subheadings (including an introduction and conclusion).
- This report must use scholarly articles to support any claims you make. You must use the Harvard referencing style (see https://libguides.mq.edu.au/referencing/Harvard ).
- Take advantage of resources available to you. Learning skills workshops:
https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/writing/workshops is highly recommended. See also
https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/writing for additional help.
- Review the marking rubric via turnitin so that you understand how you will receive feedback.
In Turnitin click this icon:
for the rubric.
- You need to upload your assignment to http://ilearn.mq.edu.au by 11.55pm Fri 9th Sept @ 11.55pm, otherwise your assignment will be considered late (see unit guide for penalties).
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:easydue