Cisco (2020) had stated that the first step in a wireless LAN (WLAN) deployment is to ensure that desired operation begins with a site survey to assess the Radio Frequency (RF) behavior in a specific environment. Since many issues can arise in a wireless network due to poor planning and coverage, so wireless site survey is the most critical stage of every WLAN deployment.
Nowadays, wireless networks are becoming faster, more affordable and easier to adopt than ever. Growing small businesses that have adopted a wireless solution are already reporting immediate paybacks in higher productivity, flexible application mobility and greater worker satisfaction. A wireless infrastructure can make it easier to reconfigure the office space as the company grows and changes. Also, the total cost of a wireless local area network (WLAN) is relatively inexpensive as it has becoming very affordable nowadays.
Assume that you are going to start a business and planned to convert one part of your home into an office or wanted to rent a shop lot. You have intended to deploy a wireless LAN in a SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) environment that houses 10 to 15 employees. The wireless LAN is intended to be used to access the Internet as well as for software such as word processors and spreadsheet. Further, there will also at least a printer and a server available in the assigned SOHO environment.
The first thing to do in designing a wireless LAN (WLAN) is to conduct a wireless site survey and gather the fundamental requirements and considerations for deploying wireless LAN.
You need to conduct wireless site survey using appropriate tools and techniques. Refer to industry standard specified by Certified Wireless Networking Professional (CWNP) for the factors addressing wireless LAN site survey. In addition, you also need to produce technical report that document findings of the wireless LAN site survey (with evidences).
Based on the findings from the wireless site survey, propose WLAN Infrastructure design for your network and draw the infrastructure design using appropriate tool. Justify the WLAN hardware and software requirements for the WLAN infrastructure deployment.
- You are required to work as an individualnetwork consultant.
- You are asked to submit two documents separately. Section A and Section B
- The report should be typedand well presented. Submission of reports that are unprofessional in its outlook (dirty, disorganized, inconsistent look, varying colored paper and size) will not fare well when marks are allocated.
- Submit the assignment to Turnitin
- The report should have a one (1”) margin all around the page as illustrated below:
- Every report must have a front cover. The front cover should have the following details:-
- Student name.
- Intake code.
- Project Title.
- Date Assigned (the date the report was handed out).
- Date Completed (the date the report is due to be handed in).
- Plagiarismis a serious offence and will automatically be awarded zero (0) marks.
- All information, figures and diagrams obtained from external sources mustbe referenced using the Harvard referencing system accordingly.
- Word Limit should not be less than 1000 and should not exceed 2500 for each document.
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:easydue