Essay- Professional Considerations
The University of P, based in UK, is strategically reviewing its IT infrastructure. You are the
University’s IT manager. The management is considering migrating the IT infrastructure to
This will involve migrating e-learning material provided via the e-learning platform and the
storing of student unit results that have been provided by the University’s administrative
staff via the Student Record System (which contains students’ personal information,
academic results etc).
Follow the instructions below:
1. Consider what the main considerations are that you would take into account for this
review. Your answer should particularly focus on professional, legal, and ethical issues.
2. Write an essay that critically discusses the considerations for the University.
1. The word count for this assessment is 1500 words (+/-10%), submissions that exceed
the word count will be penalised. The word count excludes footnotes and a reference
list. Please specify the word count at the end of your essay before the referencing
2. You should use the Harvard Referencing System.
3. Please use 10-point Times New Roman or Times Roman font (the Normal style).
1. While I understand the aspect of critically discussing the considerations, are you
expecting us to recommend a solution for the University to use in their migration?
You could recommend a solution. You could critically discuss why it might be a good
solution for the university context.
2. Could you please clarify on what you mean by ‘professional considerations’? Am I right
in thinking this concerns areas such as security and the CIA triangle?
You are right. In addition to that, professional consideration might relate to the code of
conducts, policies, guidelines, professional responsibilities etc. Which may not fall under
legal or ethical issues.
3. Can you please clarify if depth or breadth is more important for this essay?
I would say to ﬁnd a good balance between the two. Covering very few topics but with
depth isn’t advisable or too many different topics without much depth isn’t advisable either.
If I was to choose, I would say depth than breadth.
4. Can you please provide a deﬁnition or some context of what is meant by ethical issues?
I understand this to be in relation to data privacy but is this too narrow of an understanding
to solely relate ethical issues to data privacy?
There is some information on ethical issues in the attached PDF ﬁles. Also, there are a few
resources below that might get you to think about various ethical issues around data.
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:easydue