1. Analyze a case to identify appropriate course of action to investigate.
2. Use appropriate tools and techniques to investigate a digital forensic case.
3. Apply digital forensics methodologies to a forensic investigation.
4. Appraise the legal issues involved in a forensic investigation.
5. Prepare an outline of a professional digital forensic plan and an investigation report.
In this assessment, you will work in a digital forensic team to investigate a case. Each member of your group will have specific digital evidence to investigate individually. The group needs to work together to discuss issues relevant to the entire case. Finally, the group needs to combine individual investigations and group discussions into a report.
2. Selecting a Case Study – Each group needs to choose one (1) case study and perform activities on that case study together by selecting individual activities as listed within the case. The list of case studies is below, with details on Page 5.
• Case One: Exfiltration of corporate Intellectual Property
• Case Two: Theft of company property
• Case Three – Illegal digital materials
3. Performing Investigation Activities – Perform your investigation to answer questions given in the case document. Your investigation should aim to answer questions asked in the case. Your
answers should be supported by evidence found in your investigation and with detailed
justifications. Your individual activity may not answer all questions, but your group activities
together should answer all the questions. Therefore, be in contact with your group members.
If your individual activity did not answer any questions for that case, present all evidence
relevant to your case or other possible crime(s) not listed in your case. Use the forensic
software you have learnt in the labs for this investigation. If necessary, you can use other freely
available (or trial version of) forensic tools.
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:easydue