Assignment Deliverables and Conditions:
• Final Documenta.on must be word processed. The maximum of 1500 words is recommended. Your document should be submi>ed as a words/pdf document in the form NAME.pdf, where NAME is your name in camel case.
• Late submissions will be deducted by 5/100 marks every day. If you have a genuine reason for needing to submit late, you can request an extension from the lecturer.
• Cita.on of facts is mandatory. Obtain your facts from credible sources into references / bibliography. Avoid ‘dumping of data’. Instead, the facts that you discuss should be made relevant to your case/project.
• Submission of report with maximum 3000 words.
• Presenta.on of the work done (max 15 mins).
Part A (20 marks)
Read the case study below carefully:
As the COVID-19 pandemic stopped face-to-face classes, many institutions started to use online teaching. However, many students, professors and technologists have voiced concerns about many problems with the products.
A Wall Street Journal article quotes the CEO of one online teaching company as saying, “In 2020
we were like a train going 100 miles an hour, and we couldn’t stop it”. There are cautions against
certain settings. For example, there is a feature where the users can turn on or off anxiety helper and this will give them certain changes in the environment of the product. In addition, some critics have argued that while the use of such software might have been justified early in the pandemic, it is no longer justified, given what we have learned about its impact over time.
One company hired an ethical tech consulting firm “to help it identify and address possible sources of bias in the system.”
Imagine your firm is hired as the ethical tech consulting firm to help identify and address possible sources of bias in the system. Now your job is to answer the questions below:
1. Who are the stakeholders involved in this case—the people whose interests are directly or
indirectly impacted by the implementation of such products?
2. What are the key ethical issues involved and why? (State FIVE(5))
3. Why do we need to care about ethics?
4. What is the importance of taking personal responsibility?
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:easydue