|Section 2- Detail of the Assessment task|
You must submit the following:
1. A copy of the job advert that your plan is based on, as an appendix document. If you do not provide a specific job advert your coursework will receive a mark of zero. Please copy and paste all of the text from the advert. Do not simply provide a website link as these are often deleted after the application deadline.
2. A written document, including:
A. The title of the job you aspire to have in the future
B. WITH REFERENCE TO THE RELEVANT GUEST LECTURERS AND TAUGHT MATERIAL, provide a written explanation of:
I. Qualifications needed
II. The key roles & responsibilities of the job, including
III. Memberships & important legislation required
IV. You should use the job description, lessons learned from guest lectures, and any other relevant sources of information for this section.
C. A reflective “SWOT analysis” detailing your current Strengths and Weaknesses (e.g. personal attributes, experience and qualifications), potential Opportunities (opportunities identified for academic learning and/r experience) and Threats/obstacles
D. A time-bound plan/timeline detailing how and when you will gain the necessary qualifications, skills and experience for the job
a. This can be in any format, but you are recommended to see the example timelines provided in the course materials, including tables and graphics
E. A reference list in APA referencing style.
|Detail of submission/ attendance instructions
|Your work should be submitted through the Handin link on the module Aula page. The Handin system will record the date and time of your submission and cannot be over-written.
If you experience any technical problems when trying to submit your work, please consult Aula help via the question mark link. If these problems are experienced at the time of the submission deadline and cannot be quickly resolved, please capture screenshots as evidence and email these and your completed assessment to the module leader asap.
|Word count details|
|The word limit for this assignment is 2000 words. If you exceed this word limit by more than 10% i.e. if you exceed 2200 words then you will be penalised by deduction of 10% of your final mark. Work that is more than 30% above the allocated word limit (i.e. 2600 words or more) will only be read up to the allocated limit. You should state your word count at the end of your work. You cannot be penalised for a submission that is too short, but submissions are unlikely to have included sufficient detail/breadth if not using full allowance.
The word count includes:
1. Your job title
2. The written explanation of qualifications, key roles & responsibilities, memberships & important legislation required
3. The reflective SWOT analysis
4. The time-bound plan/timeline
The following are excluded from your time allowance and should be uploaded as a separate appendix document:
1. A reference list in APA referencing style.
2. A copy of the job advert that your plan is based on, as an appendix document.
|Section 3: Help and Support|
|• An overview account of the CW requirements will be provided in lecture one.
• Lectures given by specialists will allow students to develop a detailed understanding of a range of areas within the sport, leisure, and fitness sector.
• There will be drop in coursework sessions for any questions.
• A range of relevant websites and presentations will be accessible via the AULA page.
• Students can speak to the module leader in lectures/tutorials and during academic surgery hours to ask general questions about the coursework or any other issues related to the module (see the Module Essentials page on Aula)
If you have a special requirement such as a variation of assessment need please contact the disabilities team.
|Section 4: Learning Outcomes and Marking Rubric|
|Mapping to module Learning outcomes||This assessment is designed to assess all Learning Outcomes of the module:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of key jobs within the sport, leisure, and fitness sector.
• Identify the qualifications/skills needed to gain employment in a range of roles.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the legislative and professional body requirements of these roles.
• Draw up a personal development plan to enable them to undertake specific roles.
• Opportunity for students to reflect upon their employability competencies and career management skills and plan for their future development.
|Mapping to course Learning Outcomes||This assessment relates to the following Course Learning Outcomes:
This is an Add-Vantage module so addresses a number of generic course Learning Outcomes;
• Knowledge and Understanding: the various occupations available in the Sport, Leisure and Fitness Sector, and how best to prepare for a career in the sector.
• CS1 Key Skills of a Sport and Exercise Scientist: Reflective practice – seeking, accepting and acting on feedback, evidence based practice, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary practice, generic and specialised practical skills, health and safety.
• PS2 Personal skills: ability to manage their own learning and begin to plan their future career, Punctuality, Self-confidence, Self-motivation, Able to work independently and show initiative, Time management, prioritisation and delegation skills, Able to begin to or learn the skills to plan their own career
• PS3 interpersonal skills: understanding of the professional approach with respect to dealing with experimental subjects, clients and the general public; Appropriate, respectful behaviour with clients and others, Able to work as part of a team
• PS4 Work Experience preparation for and experience of the world of work
• TS1 Personal capabilities: the skills of presentation, learning and self-management to equip them for a life-long career development;
• TS2 Interpersonal capabilities: communication skills: the skills to communicate effectively in a variety of situations;
• TS3 Interpersonal capabilities: – working with others: the ability to work positively as a member of a team;
• TS4 Vocational capabilities: the ability to appreciate the values, culture, structure and processes of work organisations relevant to their areas of study
|Task type/scheduling rationale||This piece and evidence your written communication skills that are key for working in the Sport, Leisure and Fitness Sector. The reflection activities are designed for you to develop, rationalise and reflect upon your future career aspirations. It is an end of module assessment, as the task requires you to have been introduced to a variety of different job types and roles within the sector and reflect upon these experiences.|
Indicative marking criteria:
|Section 5: Marks return and feedback|
|Marking and moderation Information||This assignment brief has been moderated by a member of academic staff outside the module team.
Marking will be completed by academic staff, which may include hourly paid staff. The marking will then be moderated by a member of the module team and reviewed by an academic staff member outside the team. The module feedback and marks will then be moderated by the external examiner.
Your mark will be reported as a banded mark according to the School’s banded marking guidelines.
|Feedback and return of marks||All banded marks released are subject to final Progression and Awards Board decisions and are therefore provisional until after the Board sits.
Provisional marks will be released on 16th December 2022 via the Aula site in the Student Success App. Feedback comments can be accessed by clicking on your submission in HandIn and selecting the feedback icon. The completed marks rubric can be accessed through the rubric icon.
If you have any questions about your feedback, contact the module leader.
Following the Progression and Awards Board, your marks will be confirmed, and you will be able to view your final grades through SOLAR together with information on any resit or deferral arrangements. If you require further clarification, contact your Course Director or Faculty Registry.
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信:easydue