The assignment will involve using modern OpenGL to render a scene. Scene graphs are required in the modelling
process and animation controls are required for hierarchical models.
2. The task
Figure 1 shows a room scene containing three objects, a robot and a window looking out onto a view. The whole scene
can be modelled using transformed planes, cubes and spheres. The scene shows five poses of a robot that has entered
a museum exhibition room. Pose 1 is on entering the room. Pose 2 is viewing a large mobile phone displayed on a
plinth. Pose 3 is viewing a spotlight on the floor as it swings side to side on a stand. Pose 4 is viewing a large egg on a
stand. Pose 5 is looking out of the window.
You must satisfy all the following requirements.
3.1 The room
• Only two walls and a floor for the room should be modelled.
• The walls and floor should be texture mapped to look like a room in a museum. For example, the floor could
be made of wood. The walls should have a paint pattern on them.
3.2 The window
• An outside scene can be seen through the window, for example, this might be a garden scene or a city
scene. You could use a picture out of a window in your own accommodation or you could invent a picture.
• Consider how you might do the scene outside:
o Should it be a texture map pasted onto the wall to look like a fake window and a scene (Figure 2a).
o Or should there be a hole in the wall and a texture
map pasted onto another surface that is a certain distance outside the window? This will mean
making the wall from a set of pieces, e.g. eight abutting pieces with the window as a middle area.
Figure 2b illustrates this.
o Another option might be a skybox outside the whole room.
• Depending on the approach you choose:
o How does it look when the camera moves position in the room when looking out of the
window? (Is it possible to stand in the room and not see the scene outside through the window?)
o The scene outside the window should not be the same at different times in the day (e.g. different
times of the day and night). How might you achieve this with texturing effects?
• The quality of what you produce for this part of the scene will be part of the marking.
3.3 The robot
• This is a hierarchical model made of different shaped spheres.
EasyDue™ 支持PayPal, AliPay, WechatPay, Taobao等各种付款方式!
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:easydue